JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Free Images, Valentine Cards 1920's 1:12 & 1:48





Quite a few years ago when I was visiting antique shops in Seattle, searching for Victorian children's books, I found the most amazing scrap book from the 1920's to 30's. It was filled with the most beautiful cards from a daughter to her mother, mostly Mother's Day cards but many others. All of the cards seemed to be illustrated by the same illustrator but I've never been able find out who it was. I've reproduced a few of the Valentine cards her for you as printables. Two of the cards I was able to open into so they can be folded into four parts, the others are postcard style. If you click on the link you can print them out in on twelfth scale for a miniature scene. The first set is for a quarter scale scene. You might not want to fold a card in quarter scale but you could cut out the main images. Love the scottie image.

Thank you so much to those who have linked to follow my blog, it is so much fun to be able to click on a face up in the right corner of my blog and visit your wonderful blogs, so much talent and very interesting! I was delighted today to be given an award and a lovely write up by San,
Day 20 of her blog Doll House Diaries http://sansdollhousediaries.blogspot.com/ I can't believe the Maharajah's Palace she is undertaking, I love her passion and all the wonderful detail she is putting into her project.

I've recently found the most amazing resource blogs for Vintage images, if any of you love digital or other scrapbooking as I do, or make smaller images for a miniature scene and for those who enjoy making mixed media collages and art pieces. One I love is The Graphics Fairy http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ Karen's vintage wall paper from her collection is beautiful. On the right side of her blog are links to the various themes, there are 83 French images and beautiful labels for those making fragrance sets. Another blog is The Vintage Moth,
http://thevintagemoth.blogspot.com/ Abbie and Karen both put images up nearly every day, imagine the dedication that takes! They both also have inspiring blogs of images and art work. Abbie's is called Down Abbie's Road and Karen's is Fleurish they both with wonder photos and works of art.

Cheers, Jean

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the links and the printables, Jean! Beautiful!

    Jody
    Mini Leaps and Bounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much, Jean, for your link to my blog but most of all, thank you for the lovely printables and links. The generosity from people like you is inspiring and infectious and the world is a much happier place for it :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails