JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Passions



I hope everyone is having a great summer. My eBay has been shut down for a summer break but I'm still enjoying my Etsy shop and website so that has given me more time to play!! I've been doing a lot of macro photography with my Cannon 60 mm lens and thanks to an enthusiastic customer on Etsy I felt a renewed interested in fairies at the same time. Funny how a few passions can come together and suddenly I was having so much fun creating new photomontage digital downloads for Etsy. Etsy now has instant downloads which are so much faster than waiting for me to send images.

John and I went out to Butchart Gardens two days in a row and I really enjoy taking photos. The lighting was perfect. The first and third images I created in Photoshop using the photos for the backgrounds. For the second image I used a macro photo of thyme in our garden and a macro bee photo. All of the images were from my antique French postcards. The middle images were from a Bon Marche trade card that I loved. The cherubs with the pig I colourized and the wings were from butterfly images I colourized. The last photomontage is a fairy family collecting bubbles, the middle is a very lucky image with cherubs holding a piggy that was good luck in France for New Years. The second image is fairy garden helpers in my garden.

Enjoy the beautiful weather if you are in the Northern hemisphere.

Hugs, Jean

6 comments:

  1. it's not beautiful here it's raining like cats and dogs you should see my hair I look like a wet rat
    enjoy your summer

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean! Great job of making these images! I love the middle one shot amid the thyme! The 3rd one has some magic colors in it and the first one is bursting with the roses! Are they really still in bloom because mine have all gone for the summer and I only get the occasional rose now. Your growing zone is different than here on the mainland, yours, I believe, is a bit warmer. This has been a nice 2 weeks of real summer weather, and I only today have made it outside to get the pruning done. Duh??? One has to make hay while the sun shines, instead of making just minis. Enjoy your passions
    Jean!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and oh-so-magical! I love these montages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Mary Ann, I love doing them. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Elizabeth, you picked out what I loved about the images too! Yes our roses and those at Butchart Gardens are at their peak a few more weeks and they might be finished too. Funny how we are so close but such different weather patterns. I really love gardening too when I make myself get out and enjoy it, I'm too good at spending hours on the computer. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marisa, I hope your rain has stopped and you have beautiful weather now!! Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails