JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Free Printable Miniature Carpets or Rugs


This morning I thought I would add another couple more miniature dollhouse rugs or carpets to my blog. The top rug, which could be for a baby or children's room from the 20's on was from a vintage children's book that makes up into rooms. The second was from a small image in a magazine that I had to fiddle with in Photo Shop, it is a bit skewed but looks quite home made by rug hooking. Good for a house with a miniature lady who loves making had crafted items for her home. It might look nice in a farm house or older home by a bed or entrance way. A suede like fabric or fabric with a bit of a nap works well if you use an iron on transfer for your rugs.

I taught a bit of rug hooking years ago and I remember at the time and there was a group called The Happy Hookers, a very innocent group that loved to hook rugs. My mother used to hook rugs too and she would strip woven wool into many strips and dye them in lovely soft rose tones, she started a beautiful rug but never finished it, sometimes it is all about the journey. Making miniature hooked rugs with bits of pulled bunka glued onto a background with your design drawn on it is fun too. I did a few of those and they look good in many settings. There are also some miniaturists who make beautiful hooked rugs that I have bought from, wonderful work.

Mini Hugs, Jean

4 comments:

  1. I love them both! Those stars, though, spoke so sweetly to me --- I just may have to use this one soon.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, Jean. It means a lot to me to hear other miniaturists say nice things about my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment Mary Ann!! It always means so much to me that you are here! I couldn't say enough about your miniature condo, your miniatures are so great and I love that they are modern. I keep thinking modern and love modern and one of these days I hope to do something more modern. Pleased you like the carpet, I love the stars too, your comment made me start singing "Starry Starry Night, da da da da etc, LOL. Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,
    Nice to see your post appear. Still musing about what project direction to follow next but certainly enjoy seeing what other miniaturist/bloggers are doing.
    Planning to visit the Seattle Show in March, perhaps we will see you there.
    Regards and all the best for 2016.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janine,

    So lovely to hear from you. It is so difficult sometimes to figure out what directions to go with minis. Quarter Scale is a great size!! We are planning to go to the NAME National Convention in July in Seattle to shop. It is so great there will be a NAME National so close to us this year. But we might go to both, such a fun time and I hope to see you there. Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails